The update covers three main points:
- “How WhatsApp processes users’ data.”
- “How businesses can use Facebook hosted services to store and manage WhatsApp Chats.”
- “How WhatsApp partner with Facebook to offer integrations across the Facebook Company Products.”
By tapping the Agree button, users will give WhatsApp authority to share their data with other Facebook companies, Instagram.
- Account registration information
- Transaction data
- Battery level
- Mobile device information
- Signal strength
- App version
- Browser information
- Mobile network
- Connection information
- IP address
- The ultimate goal of releasing this new update is to promote security and integrity, reduce spam, and fight infringement activities.
- This policy helps Facebook companies improve their services and offer personalized user experience by making personalized suggestions, content, and features.
- It helps Facebook Company Products show customized offers and ads that will eventually help customers complete their purchase decisions.
- It offers integrations that allow users to connect their Facebook Pay account to make transactions on WhatsApp.
- It enables users to communicate with their friends using other Facebook Company Products by using their WhatsApp account.